Truly Seeking Love

Maybe I'm the Problem, nah?

As usual, I am planning my escape after an hour when he suggests we move on to another bar that has frites! I'm not one to say no to starches, so I agree to go. Next up, he'd like to head to the park to people watch. Before I can shake free, he grabs my hand and leads me down the block. While holding hands, I start to see this guy is genuinely looking to fall in love and it is completely foreign to me. I desperately want to let go and run.

Then it begins, he starts to ask me what I want in a guy. Clearly seeing if it could be him. This is such a loaded question and I tread forward gingerly. I want...fuck me, how does one really answer this without making an ass of themselves by sounding petty. After ducking the question, I finally say "...artist, preferably in film or tv production or post." He doesn't like the answer and reams me on how I've just cut down 99% of the men out there (including him we both notice silently).

As I finally untangle from this date and start to leave, he asks me "so, are you going to kiss me?" What? Here? In front of all these people and in the middle of the walking path?

So, I did.

In a sappy way, it was nice to meet
a guy who really wanted to find love. Even if he wasn't the guy for me. Delete.




No comments:

Post a Comment