3 Kids, 1 Party



It's been awhile, but I'm feeling up to the complete anguish of dating once more. To kick off this new found enthusiasm for awkward encounters, I went out with a 41 year old father of three. His emails were a bit, um, nerdy. But, that's cool, I like nerds.

I head to the bar early to pick out some prime property, order a non-alcoholic beer, and wait. Oh, yeah, the NA beer, about that... from earlier posts you will know that I typically don't drink on these dates, but I do typically lie about this point. It's kinda my thing.

So, the guy sits down and immediately tells the waitress "I'll have what's she's having." Awe, fuck! I fess up and tell him he has just cheated himself out of a real drink. But, he's cool with it. Disaster averted.

Then, follows a barrage of his drunken stories. He not only likes drinking, he loves it. He does it until 9am with different "Matches" as much as possible. Did I mention he was unemployed? Or, that he left his wife after 20 years? The one who took care of the kids instead of working and is now forced into the worst job market ever? No, ok, well - DELETE!

No comments:

Post a Comment