Class Warefare


I recently flew back from Australia on Virgin Airlines. We (my cousin and I) splurged and upgraded to "Premium Economy".  For being "High Low-End" It was REALLY nice including larger chairs, foot rests, champagne when you arrive and private bathrooms.  Spending 15 hours on a plane these things become very important, especially after 7 hours when you start to smell like a funnel cake.

Halfway over the Pacific, I receive a text from 95A. OMG...who is this texting me??? Better yet, are there really 95 rows on this plane? I immediately got excited because the economy seats were filled up with Aussie Rules football players. Do you have to be a model to play, is that the "Aussie Rule"?  I instantly asked if this suitor was in sports. He confirmed. Yay! I asked what position. He dodged the question. Turns out, he was a ski instructor.  Boo!

He wanted to meet for a drink. Is there a bar I'm unaware of here? After a few more probing questions, I realized he was 24 - at best. He even walked through my cabin at one point on the sly. Please! Like I wouldn't notice that move. I politely let him know I'm going to take a nap and may slum with him in the back later. Besides the seat-belt sign was on. 

Ding. The sign went off.  Then, I hear "Kim!!"...."KIM!!!". It's him. He's in the seat across the aisle enjoying the splendor of my premium status. The steward offers him a drink and he is ready to reassign himself to my cabin. I don't think so.

DELETE!

No comments:

Post a Comment