The Client

One Non-Blonde

I'm in sales. Not sure if you have ever had a sales job, but it has a tendency to feel like dating if you are doing it right. Like on Friday, when I took a client to lunch. He quickly pre-qualified me by asking my age. He confessed he would get along with my parents because he was a die hard republican (gross). He even said he could get a small place on the island. A little love nest I guess. And, just like a date, he kept checking out the two blonde models at the table next to us.

After returning from the bathroom, my date...I mean client was engaged with the 20 somethings. When he finally notices me coming back down the long hallway, he quickly disengages conversation mid-sentence and stares at his plate. I felt like the wife who was seated next to her husband's mistress at a party. SO AWKWARD!

Then, to top it off, when we leave he shoves me out the door and then turns to whisper good bye. Seriously, as if my dating life is fucked up enough, now my work dates are equally depressing. For the men out there: one meeting at a time damn you! Delete.

1 comment:

  1. I would imagine the only thing keeping you from kicking him in the nuts was his status as a potential client.

    ReplyDelete